DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sizzlin' Hot, Crowding the Goal

Feel The Burn
Sunshine and Soaring Temperatures - two of my favorite things.  Yep, it’s summer in Minnesota and I am in my GLORY!  These are the days I live for.  These are the days I cry out loud for during January, February and March.  These are the days that recharge my very soul.  I am happiest when reading a book, sipping ice tea and listening to my iPod all while soaking up rays on my deck.  If the Twins have a day game broadcasting on the radio I reach a level of bliss that cannot be rivaled.  I quite often find myself smiling, even when I’m alone.  And for all of you sissy-na-na’s out there, suck it up.  I spent five summers inside a greenhouse with temperatures well over 100⁰ - sweating from pores I don't think ladies are supposed to sweat from.  I was often sloshing in my boots because that's where all of that sweat pooled.  I’ve had to literally peel articles of clothing from my body that were crusted by dried sweat – hence my love for Oxyclean.  So, I don’t wanna hear you nancies whining about breaking a sweat while going from your air-conditioned cars to your air-conditioned offices.  You winter freaks will get your time with the ice and cold.  Just let me have these wonderfully stinkin’ hot summer days in peace.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Eight Wild Reindeer 
There's Backstrom and Harding, Hackett and Khudobin, Dubielewicz and Kuemper, Gustafsson and now Endras. 
Looks like the Wild have signed another goalie, this one out of Germany.  According to Russo the Wild is counting on this kid to be the next Niklas Backstrom.  Ooh, how exciting!  Er, Wait a minute, what about Khudobin??  If the Wild are so high on Dennis Endras coming over from Germany in another season what's to become of my Hobbit?  I popped over to see what MsConduct was thinking and sure enough, we're on the same wavelength.  Will he stick it out for another season to see what the future will bring in the NHL or will he look to the European league to cash in on the big bucks?  Of course, there is a lot of time to work things out.  Dubie is out of the picture, IMO.  That leaves Khudobin and Hackett in Houston for now and I'm sure they'll be pushing each other for top spot.  Who knows what can happen via injury or performance pressure for any of these guys?

Robbie Earl Is Back!  I admire his energy and dedication so I'm happy to see he's signed a one year deal.      

No comments:

Post a Comment