DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Wild At Blues 9.24.10 Recap

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
For folks going to Saturday's game and the 9.30 game here's a link to the St. Paul road closures due to expected flooding: road closures

KSTC in HD, my ass... at least for cable customers.  I'm really pleased for you Dish/Satellite viewers are getting this in high def, really I think it's great for you.  And for Christ's Sake get your friggin' in-game commercials off of the screen!!  It's already painful enough to watch hockey on your lame 20th century station and then you cover up one half of the screen with logos and popup boxes.  Argghhhh :( 

Vicki - remind me to NEVER complain about our National Anthem singer again.  Nobody could be as bad as the woman who sang it for the Blues tonight.  Yeesh.

When Parents Don't Control Their Kids In Public 
First Period -
The Wild's litter of 2010 puppies are getting their legs on tonight. 
 - Doesn't seem to matter if it's our vets or babies, our power play sucks.  Two Wild power plays within minutes of dropping the puck and it's clear our guys can't seem to gain the O zone with any kind of authority.  Same shit, different season.   
Wow - Carson McMillan has a heavy metal shot! 
- Josh looked pretty good until he went down in a jumble of Blues and Wild players.  He's out of the game with a right leg injury.  Not a good sign considering he's supposed to be playing for the number 1 goalie spot for any of the other teams in the league come trading time.  
- Oh, just need to point out that Zanon was all over his guy coming into our zone and he was the Dman covering the net while Josh was being taken down. 
- Matt Hackett (son of retired NHL goalie Jeff Hackett) - Wild youngster goalie comes in.  I love his mask!  He gets tested right away thanks to Barker going to the box.  My left eye is starting to twitch...like it used to whenever Kuba or Skoula was on the ice.  Matt makes some big time saves and if he's nervous it's not showing.    

Nice camera pan of Let's-Undress going to the bench and taking his helmet off - sigh...

Gardenhire does a promo for the Wild's Year Ten propaganda - and congratulates the Wild on 10 great years of hockey.  Gardy - have you been watching the Wild for the last 10 years?  I'm guessing not, because there's only been about 3 great years of hockey played - and Wes Walz was one the ice for all of them.  Not that I'm biased, at all.   

OMG - Matt Cullen wants to be anywhere but being interviewed by Doofus Terhar.  I don't think Terhar as made it through one single sentence without stuttering, stammering or making an idiot out of himself.  Must be the Toastmaster in me, huh?

Second Period -  
I wasn't going to drink during the preseaon because, well it's the preseason, right?  After the 4th Wild penalty at the halfway mark of this period I starting hitting the El Jimador - hard.  Don't need no lime juice, don't need no salt.  I wonder if the guys are getting frequent flier miles with all of those trips to the box?   
Cullen, Prosser, Barker, Kassian, Prosser, Stoner, Kassian, Miettinen and for the trifecta - Prosser.  All for a combined 27 minutes of box time in this period. 
Hey Nate - you're a big friggin' boy - get your man out of the crease!  Don't stand in front of him while he screens our goalie!  Dman Duties For Dummies - read the manual.
Kassian is mean when he needs to be- and I like it!  And that's not just the tequila talking, maybe a little.             

My left eye definitely has a nervous tick thing going. 

Third Period -
Oh, we're still playing this game?  Sorry, my mind was somewhere else.  Okay - here's what happened: 
- Blues scored, I drank. 
- Wild took more stupid penalties, Blues scored again.  I'm holding the El Jimador in my lap while typing this. 
- Blues take a penalty, Wild didn't score - despite the 2 man advantage and time spent in the offensive zone. 
- I made popcorn to 'balance' the tequila intake.  Yeah, that'll work. 
- Blues scored again and I'm feeling really bad for Matt Hackett. 
- I'm feeling really good from the tequila so I guess there is balance in my life ;) 
- El Jimador added to groceries list for tomorrow morning, and limes.  
- Kassian & Strachan want to dance.  Refs say no, sending both off with misconducts.  I'm good with that.
- Wild take a penalty, Blues didn't score.  Wait, is that right?  Wow, good job guys - I'll drink to that.
- Blues take a penalty, and another = 5 on 3 for Wild.  We don't score.  Pancakes sound good, don't they?   
- Coach Richards should have seen all he needs to from the bulk of the young ones.        

18 Wild players: 8 of them with minus ratings, 6 players are the kids.  33 total minutes of penalties - the kids owned 20 of them.  I'm not including the 10 minute misconduct to Kassian - that's just adding insult to injury.  Besides the fighting penalties our guys were really fond of slashing tonight.  Matt Hackett shouldn't feel bad, but I know he will.  If I go to bed now I shouldn't feel too bad in the morning.  Good Night Folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment