DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wild Road Trip, NHL Awards, NHL Draft

Wild Road Trip
Well, it seems we've found someone who goes more ga-ga for a hockey player than I do for Wes Walz.  That would be the two young ladies I accompanied to today's Wild Road Trip pit stop in St. Cloud.  The recipient of the giggling, flustered and totally red-faced request for autographs?  That would be Mr. Cal Clutterbuck in all of his furry-faced glory.  Ginnie's girls were all but melting in their shoes and Cal sent them into fits of hysterical laughter when he asked if one of them had taken the pictures they had brought for him to sign.  Gin had to step in and she pointed to me, not in line but following along while holding purses and coats.  I darn near fainted as Wes waived and gave me the nod, along with Cal's big smile.  I didn't catch the conversation but I got the OMG report from the girls on the way out to the car.  Wes Walz said he knew he recognized his picture from somewhere before and Cal said he loved the candid shots of him during warmups just having fun.  I loved that I helped two young hockey fans get to meet a Wild Legend and a Wild Fan Favorite.  The girls chattered all the way home and thought Mom and Aunt Dee were Hockey Goddesses for taking them.  It was a good day in the State Of Hockey.             


NHL Awards
If I had to sum up the awards show in two words: John Hamm
View Image
This guy is one handsome hunk of hockey fan!  I've lusted after him for a number of years now with Mad Men going into it's third season and prior to that in The Day The Earth Stood Still, The A-Team and The Town.  But finding out that this man is from St. Louis, Missouri and has always been a long suffering Blues fan just sent me over the moon!  I lost track of the fact that he was presenting the Vezina Award because I was drooling over what he'd look like in a locker room....Oh, yes...congratulations to Tim Thomas too.  

Hosting again this year was Jay Mohr, normally a funny guy, just not when it comes to hockey.  He did much better than last year but then he had no where to go but up from last year's show. 

Funniest Moments =)) rolling on the floor
Daniel Sedin and Ryan Kesler looking like they'd rather be anywhere else doing anything else rather than accepting a trophy that wasn't the Stanley Cup.  The Hockey Gods punish and I laughed out loud. 
  

Wild Represent!
During the clip showing the NHL Plays Of The Year we got to see our very own Wild represented...one of our guys going ass over elbows into the players bench after being hit by a Mac truck. 

2011 NHL DRAFT
Television Coverage: Versus 6:00 p.m. our time Friday.  I'm not seeing coverage for Saturday but that could be a misprint?  I'm pretty sure Versus showed both days last year. 

Here's the official draft order for this coming Friday and Saturday, compliments of Russo.  Minnesota has the 10th pick in round one on Friday.  They pick again on Saturday: at 71 in the 3rd round, 101 in the 4th, 131 in the 5th, 161 in the 6th, 191 in the 7th.  That means unless Chuck is wheeling and dealing like a master magician there's not much for the Wild to get hot and lathered over in this draft.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't watch or pay attention to the draft.  I mean, C'MON PEOPLE!!  It's the freakin' draft and we're hosting it this year!!  I am so jazzed for this experience I can't hardly wait for Friday to get here!  I bought an extra SD card for my camera and a portable charger for my battery just to be sure I won't have to miss getting shots of hockey legends wandering around the arena and mingling among the tables during the draft.

For Nan and George - This rendition of your song always makes me think of you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment