DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Opening Night Photos, Traveling, Spooky Stuff

Sharing The Love
Here are some pictures from the home opener and festivities:
Opening Face Off 2010

First Wild Goal At Home 2010
                                                           
Clutterbuck In A Suit - Yummy!



I'll post a link to more photos when I've finished editing them and do that copyright thing to them.  

Horror Flicks Galore...change that to Gore!
You all know this is a favorite time of the year for me just based on the start of a new hockey season.  What some of you may not know, prepare to cringe, is that I'm hooked on horror flicks.  This is the time of year when cable channels roll marathons of classic horror movies.  The theaters are brimming with newly released slasher/paranormal/don't-go-into-the-dark-basement movies.  I love being scared to death, while having my sensibilities tested...do the graphics work, do the body parts look real, does the plot follow to a somewhat believable conclusion, is it just gore for the sake of gore?  Do you suppose eHarmony has a category for 'must love horror movies' in their profiles?  Buster does the happy dance in the kitchen every night during this time of year.  While I'm popping my personal favorite scary movies into the DVD player, he's excitedly waiting by the microwave for the popcorn to finish popping.  It's the small things in life that make him happy and I'm glad to oblige.  Who else is going to curl up with me on the couch while I watch Pinhead go to town in the Hellraiser movie series and not pass judgement?     
Puppy 2 


Hockey Road Trip! 
The flight is booked, Buster's daycare is lined up and I'm set to visit my family in Georgia for a few days in November.  It's a trip to see Vance for his birthday, albeit a week late, but the timing allows us to see the Thrashers host the Wild while I'm there!  Okay, I'll be the little kid with a plate full of cake and ice cream over this but I'll pretend it's all about Vance's birthday  Cool  Kate's settled in to 2nd grade with one perfect report card so far.  She's also landed a solo in the Christmas Musical so I'm strutting around like she's actually got my genes which entitles me to be a proud parent.  How is that I'm not living in Georgia?  Oh right, something about a hockey team that holds the strings to my soul... and a house that still bears my name on the title.            

  

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics....and Cal is yummy....needs to trim his beard, but yummy!

    May need to buy that camera, too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy for the tummy! I'm hoping my GLat and Cullen shots from tonight are just as tasty :) If that package is still available from the NY dealer I highly recommend it. I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially when you see the Fall Foliage tour shots and still work done at Stockholm Nursery.

    ReplyDelete