DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Monday, October 11, 2010

That New Car Smell

That's what a new hockey season reminds me of, that new car smell.  Of course, for Vicki it's all about the smell of the game programs.  To each her own - she doesn't judge me and I don't judge her  Cool.  The great thing about a new hockey season is that it's a clean slate from the previous year.  Well, usually that's what it means but the Wild aren't exactly off to a better start than last season so I'm not sure what the message is just yet.  I know it's only been two games so far but add that to a winless preseason and it's grim, at best.  Yeah, yeah, yeah - we won a meaningless exhibition game against the crappiest local team in Finland.  Now there's something to hang your season hopes on! 

The Wild's Home Opener is just days away and I couldn't be more excited.  Okay, I could be, but I'm not smoking the same crack that's got our owner and GM publicly stating we're playoff bound.  That doesn't mean I'm an unemotional blob - refer to the current head coach for an example of what that looks like.  Of course, I'm not sure how excited I'd be if I were only two games into the season and already expecting to be fired.  Multiple unofficial polls I've seen have Richards gone by the end of this month unless we have 8 wins under our belt by the 30th.  

I've got a whole rant thing I'm working on about the history of this team's performance and I'll post it this week or next.  For now I'm revelling in hockey overload on VS and FSN.  The only thing better about cable over Dish - I've got both hockey channels without any disruption of service.  Regardless of who the coach is next month or come April, it's time to drop the puck and I can always find a reason why it's good to be in the arena compared to just about anywhere else.  

Of course I'll be spending this week watching hockey favorites on DVD: Mystery Alaska, Slap Shot, Miracle, and all of the MN Wild DVD's.  Mr. Flask is standing by, ready to spice up the sodas.  Vicki and I have the whole popcorn thing down now so I think we're in good shape.                 
                             Game On!!    Hockey Puck Juggling 

       





No comments:

Post a Comment