DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sea of Green, Looks Are Deceiving, Polls Are Closed

Is There An Echo In Here?
The Wild has taken a decidedly 'glass-half-full' approach to their attendance issues for this season.  Hey, I'm all for being positive about life.  I mean, sometimes all you have is hope.  But when the Wild announces a sellout crowd for tonight there's nothing left for a fan to do but cry SHENANIGANS!  There were gaping chunks of empty seats in just about every section.  I spent the night going between the 2nd row behind the player's bench and the 13th row for picture taking without any fuss.   

The Win Doesn't Tell The Story 
It's depressing, yet predictable, really.  I'm talking about the Wild's play.  Someone asked me how I thought the Wild would do against the Sharks.  Given their history over the last 2-3 seasons I thought it was an easy call.  I figured I was in for another crappy effort by our guys as they seem to string 3-4 of them together before putting in 60 minutes of hard work.  True to form our guys took almost 2 full periods off, got 16 shots off, forced their goalie to make 36 saves but came away with the win - and Richards was happy with it, idiot.    

First Period
  • 3 friggin' shots by the Wild in the first period, yep that's right - 3 whole shots.
  • Wild absent in all aspects of the game with only Backstrom doing his job, making 11 saves. 
Second Period
  • On the 3rd shot of the second period - at the 13 minute mark - the Wild score
  • It took a 5 on 3 penalty for the Wild to score that goal
  • Wild showed up for about 7 minutes of this period.  Shots on goal for this period: 6
Third Period
  • 1 shot on goal for the Wild almost six minutes into the period.
  • Wild cough up the puck on the power play and almost get scored on short handed
  • Schultz totally tripped Thorton and got lucky he didn't wreck Joe's knee. 
  • Boyle totally tripped Madden and the game suddenly got interesting.
  • Sharks get two more short handed runs against us.
  • Wild show up to play defensively, but Backstrom still faces 16 shots in this period alone 

Rock The Vote
I hope you all did your civic duty and voted today.  Remember, no voting = no whining.  That's about as political as I'll get on a public forum.
Rock The Vote: Not to be confused with...

I live to make Robyn smile!

Now, if you'll all excuse me I must leave you to attend to a sudden and epic allergy attack - gah :(

2 comments:

  1. love the musical clip~you know just how to make me smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my life's mission - to make others happy :) That, and to stalk certain hockey players...

    ReplyDelete