DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Half Way Through The First Day - Connie's Progress

The First 12 Hours

From Denver to New Mexico to Arizona’s Grand Canyon National Park she’s buzzed along.  Coming out of GCNP she’s tracking NW on highway 89 and has made her way to Glen Canyon National Recreation Area just south of the Utah border – all within the first 12 hours.  You and I are all like, wow – what an aggressive rider!  Connie is still running on adrenaline at this point.  Since this is her first Iron Butt ride I can assure you she’s determined to make her mark.  It will be awhile before I start to worry about how Connie’s feeling.  I know she’s got the energy drinks and energy bars.  I know she knows her limits.  Still, I’ll end up worrying at some point – it’s what friends do.  By the way, it’s 10:30 p.m. and our gal has crossed into Utah.  Already the list of National Parks Connie has been in or riding just outside of, is getting long – add Grand Canyon National Park, Kaibab National Park and Desert View Campground.  But I have to say that my favorite city name by far to this point has to be Tuba City, Arizona.  That just caught my eye on the map and made me giggle.  Unlike Connie, I'm signing off for the night.  I'll be back in the morning with an update on her progress and some insight into the man who makes her engine purr - if you know what I mean.   

No comments:

Post a Comment