DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

Another 12 months gone by - where does the time go?  There are lessons learned with each passing year.  Some of them are fun lessons, some not so much.  But everything is worth getting through in the end.  How else are you going to be able to look back on your life and shake your head, wondering how hell you got this far without serious injury. 

Nothing philosophical here just some smiles and chuckles to wrap up good old 2010

Since I'm into music: Top 10 Music Videos 2010  and Top 50 Songs 2010.  See how many you've actually seen, heard, understood or enjoyed. 

Movies I saw and didn't hate in 2010 (in no particular order):
The A-Team, Alice In Wonderland, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Town, Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Inception, IronMan2, Tron-Legacy, The Fighter, True Grit, Shutter Island, Black Swan, Red, Tangled, The Kids Are Alright, Paranormal Activity 2.  

Movies I saw and wished I hadn't:
Prince Of Persia - Sands of Time

Some Commercials We Laughed At: Funny Ha-Ha

Some Commercials That Annoyed Us: Change The Channel - Quick!

2010 Sports I Followed:
Thanks to Randy and Connie, Ginny, Nan and Benj I am an official Twins fan again.  When I wasn't in the garden or on the deck I spent some of my best spring and summer hours at Target Field.  I still want to have Jim Thome's babies...if only the Twins will bring him back ;)  If only the Twins can find a way to stay in the play off race beyond the first round...

The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup after an amazing array of division and conference title runs by teams that poured their hearts and souls into every game along the way.  Well, all except for my Washington Capitals who thought, for the second year in a row, that they'd get by on pretty offensive plays alone.  Silly boys.   

The Wild continue on their never-ending search for consistency and an identity.  I hate how they're playing since last season.  If I never hear the word Compete again as long as I live it will be too soon.  I don't believe Todd Richards is the coach for this team.  I don't believe our team will be a contender for another two seasons - thanks mostly to crippling contracts currently in place and the cap limit.  I do believe in the healing power of simply being in the arena for each home game so yes, these days it's more about me than it is about believing in my team's ability to pull their heads out of their asses.  And on those rare occasions when the team deigns to show up for all three periods and make a real game of it - a thing of absolute beauty to behold.  Because you just never know when that will happen - Vicki and I will continue to make the trek to the arena each game in hopes that 'tonight will be the night'.  Eternal Optimists, yeah - that's us :)

Have a safe and festive New Year's Eve celebration my friends!  Get those resolutions in order for 2011, it's just around the corner.  I'll be back after the Wild/Preds game, probably more likely after the Winter Classic game on Saturday.  Sally and I will be throwing down since it's her Penguins against my Capitals for bragging rights.  

Coldplay - Clocks     Seems fitting for the count down to a new year:   

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Buster! From your favorite Auntie who lets you up on the furniture whenever your mom isn't around ;)

    GM

    ReplyDelete