DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Hockey Notes Covered In Almond Buttercream

So, I'm up to my elbows in almond buttercream frosting while watching an incredibly exciting Wild team play the Coyotes - which exlplains why my elbows are covered in almond buttercream.  What a rollercoaster of a game filled with mostly great efforts by guys who so desperately needed to be great.  I'll let Russo gush over the team, although I'm not sure that's such a good idea considering their track record after particularly good wins.  I'm not saying this wasn't a good game - it was.  After all, I do have frosting in my hair after waving the pastry bag about on several occasions, especially after Zanon's ironman shift late in the game.  **Anybody else note that Greg's now wearing an A on his sweater?**  The game was, by this season's standards, outstanding.  This was a moral win even more so than the two points garnered for the standings.  Sometimes that's way more important than recognizing some very glaring issues...

Way too many turnovers - in front of our net!  (Barker)
Bad Line Changes - (Barker)
Backstrom Shaky Early On - Totally owned on the Pyatt goal
2nd Period Issues Continue - Backstrom faced 10 continual shots when the Wild spent a huge chunk of the period in their own zone.    


Because I so LOATHE the FSN team of Dumber and Dumberest I've learned to mute the t.v. and just turn on WCCO 830 AM radio.  Granted there's a 3 second delay from the action on the t.v. to hearing the play by play calls on the radio, but I've adjusted to that.  I'd like to start a petition to have Tom Reid and Bob Kurtz be the game commentators for FSN.  At least these guys tell it like it is when the Wild do really stupid things.  Like that idiotic line change Barker did, leaving Backstrom totally vulnerable, facing a one-on-one situation, which we all know is the death sentence for Nik.  The morons at FSN can't tell the difference between offsides and a penalty whistle, let alone who's actually on the ice.

Note to Matt Cullen - rest your groins, buddy - we need you back to your speedy self soon! 

Note to self - Zanon, definitely Zanon... 

And now, back to getting frosting on the Fairy Drops, not all over me...



   

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes an "A to Z" was clearly noted! I hope Zanon is OK, he looked pretty beat up - leg and wrist I believe. How 'bout O'Sullivan - I think he took two pretty rough face shots (high stick and into the glass during a check). He's one tough bird.

    And oh, Eric, Eric Bellanger - drat...I miss his gracing the X ice, although it is lovely to have Bouchard back out there! Do love Canada, eh?!

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete