DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hockey, Puck Bunny Anonymous, Food & Gas, Garden Notes

There's hockey news to talk about people, come on in!  Here's a bullet point fact list and I'll insert a link to Russo's Blog for the details, in case you haven't read his stuff all week. 
  • Bombardir accepts Director of Player Development with the Wild
  • Dustin Byfuglien traded to Atlanta because Chicago is in deep cap doo-doo.
  • Patrick Sharp probably not available for trade now...but you never know 
  • Dino Ciccarelli makes it into the Hockey Hall of Fame
  • Cammi Granato elected into the Hockey Hall of Fame (this is the first year women are being elected)
  • Scott Niedermeyer retired
  • Martin Skoula signed with Avangard Omsk of Russia’s Kontinental Hockey League
  • Russo's Latest Blog  includes info on players the Wild might be interested in during the draft this weekend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robynisms –

My dear friend Robyn is someone I’d give a kidney to if she needed it.  I love her with all of my heart and my life is so much brighter for having her in it.  She’s intelligent, funny, and generous. She’s also prone to saying things backwards and her logic processes sometimes leave you asking WTF?  According to her these “Robynisms” all stem from the fact that she was born breach.  There have been some hysterically funny conversations with Robyn over the years, many having to do with her inability to name parts of the human anatomy correctly.  I won’t go in to any of those but I do feel safe in sharing her reason for not being a coffee drinker. Most of us would just say we don’t like the taste of coffee.  Robyn went the distance.  Her logic process was to see if she could just drink black coffee, no sugar or creamer.  She feared becoming dependent upon the flavored condiments.  Her reasoning was that someday she would be someplace where sugar and creamer wouldn’t be available and then she’d be a wreck.  When asked where this place without sugar and creamer is located, all she could come up with is ‘camping’.  Okay, Robyn doesn’t camp.  Her idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service or free continental breakfast. But her logic is that if she ever finds herself at a remote camp site within the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, she won’t be jonesing for a cup of coffee, with or without the cream and sugar.  I tell this story without malice nor a will to hurt Robyn’s feelings.  Her unique logic process is just one of the many reasons we all love Robyn.  It’s also one of the reasons I should really wear Depends whenever we’re together ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, My Name is Dee and I'm a Puck Bunny

It’s official, there will be another restraining order issued.  I’m just a giggling, gushing little girl over this guy.  As Vicki and Robyn witnessed, much to my embarrassment, I completely melted into a puddle upon seeing Wes up close and personal.  Good Lord, that man just does me in!  It wouldn’t have been a Three Stooges outing if we didn’t screw something up, right?  This time I was grateful that all three of us forgot our cameras.  Thankfully there is no digital evidence to be posted online anywhere.  I completely turned Irong Range Red to match the Wild t-shirt I was wearing when Wes entered the Prairie Island Ice Arena.  When he brushed up against me as he made his way past me it was all I could do not to follow him into the restroom…sigh.  I don’t know who was in more trouble: me peeing my pants over seeing Wes, or Robyn and Vicki peeing in their pants from laughing at me.  Robyn later shared that she was concerned I might have fainted.  In fact, she actually compared me to one those fainting goats.  Not a swooning southern belle, noooo - a garbage-eating hooved animal.  That’s what best friends are for, right?  My undying gratitude to my two gal pals for helping me add to my already large (but not creepy, really) collection of autographed Walz memorabilia.  We had a great day together with lots of laughs (more peeing) and great conversation that won’t soon be forgotten or shared publicly due to mature content.  That, and there are just some Robynisms that can never really be transcribed appropriately.  A shout out to North Pole Restaurant for their great food, lively banter and history of the hanging Pinocchio.  I highly recommend the trip to Newport for breakfast or lunch sometime, you won’t be disappointed.  By the way, the red Wild t-shirt I was wearing…has Wes’s name on the back – go figure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bang For The Buck –

For all of you Rainbow Fuel Perk shoppers: This Saturday you’ll get double fuel perks, plus it’s double coupon day.  Rainbow doubles the amount of five manufacturer coupons, up to $10.00 dollars, on Saturdays.  Make sure you check your coupons for the “do not double” wording before heading out to the store.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In The Garden –
Who needs Asiatic lilies?  I've got tall and short early summer bloomers that need to be thinned out.  Give me a shout and I’ll send pictures if interested.   I have short red, yellow, orange and tall deep red/burgundy.   The daylilies need thinning as well but that will be later in the summer as they are just now throwing stems and buds.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I will admit that I create words and my logic has been considered somewhat unique at times (which I will forever blame on my entrance into this world)...but, I did USED to camp. Just off the St Croix River near a small town in Wisconsin named - Wolf Creek, in fact. I did the whole tent & air matress 'thing' for years in sunshine and rain. So, now camping is anywhere I can order room service.

    I love my dear friend Dee...my friend of 20 years...and I can honestly say I have never seen her act/react the way she did when she first laid eyes on Wes at the arena on Monday. It was almost as if I were witnessing a great eclipse or rare planet positioning...or should I say as sweet as ones first kiss?

    I love you Dee! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the only thing I didn't do to completely embarrass myself was shouting out I LOVE YOU, WES! Good thing it's been a couple of years since I've done that at the beginning of every game. Instead, I said it in the car as we were pulling away from the arena. You and Vicki are the best - thanks again for a fabulous birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete