DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Puppy Love and House Keeping

For All The Dogs I've Loved Before -
It's no secret that I love my dogs.  I say dogs, because I'm speaking of all the dogs that have graced my life.  With love there sometimes comes a price.  Mine is being allergic to dog dander but that's very manageable with medication.  At the time I was diagnosed Buster was just six months old and Casey had just turned nine.  The 'men in my life' weren't going anywhere.  I've had a variety of dog breeds over my lifetime: Dachshunds, Irish Setters, Golden Retrievers, Labs - yellow and chocolate, German Sheppards, Dobies and these days English Springer Spaniels.  After eleven years, between Casey and Buster, I do believe I've found my breed for life.  There's just a strong connection for me with this breed and I owe it all to Casey Jones and my ex-husband.  Joe grew up with Springers and it was his choice when we were ready to bring home a puppy in 1999.  Casey was a Field Bred Springer and Buster is a Bench Bred Springer - the main differences being in height, weight, level of intelligence and energy.  Nobody should ever look at Buster as the norm for the Bench Breed - he's monster huge!  The vet refers to him as the "Large Specimen" and marvels over the fact he's a 60 pound lean and fit canine machine.  It must be all that frisbee catching during the day and chasing bunnies in his sleep.  Anyway – I’m partial to the English Springer Rescue America organization  ESRA.  They do an amazing job of fostering and finding forever homes for abandoned Springers.  If you’re ever looking to adopt a dog, please consider one of the dogs currently in their care.  For those of you who know my ESRA saga - Ray is still in need of a home.  You know that's just tearing me apart.  Sadly, there are a lot of dogs looking for homes but the good news is that you may just find your next family member at the local Humane Society MHS, or at one of the many local pet fostering organizations Pet Finder.  Summer really is the best time to bring a dog home so training can be focused and behavioral issues can be dealt with before the kids go back to school.  Let me know about your favorite rescue organization and I'll add to my list of Favorite Sites. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clean House -
I'm not referring to the Style Network show where a t.v. team goes to somebody's filthy house and embarasses them on national television.  Do you have a product under your sink or in the laundry room that you absolutely will not live without?  For me it's OxyClean.  This stuff is freakin' magic, I tell you.  It does everyting listed on the package and then some.  I can't imagine being a pet owner without OxyClean.  Use it on your carpet or rugs - just don't add it to your home carpet cleaning machines as it tends to wreck the seals on the water tanks.  In the washer it's a great additive for the white load.  As a presoaker for spots and splatters I've never found anything better.  I got mustard out of my new white Twins shirt which is a prized birthday gift.  I really learned to love this product when I was working at the greenhouse.  My lime green work shirts would take a beating from sweating - think Whitney Houston.  I would come home literally caked with dried sweat/salt from the end of June through August.  OxyClean got those shirts spiffed right up.  You all know the specific area of the shirt I'm talking about - don't make me say it.  So, what's your 'can't do without' product or gadget?   

No comments:

Post a Comment