DEE-ICING

Pronunciation: (dē-ˈīsing).

Function: transitive verb.

Definitions -

1 : Process of unwinding after a Wild hockey game.

2 : Process of leaving a lifetime of cold and snow in Minnesota behind for warmer climates.

3 : My random thoughts on hockey, life and the pursuit of really good tequila. (no politics allowed)

4 : Relief from insomnia.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Little of This, A Little of That

Twins Win, Twins Win!!  That's for Connie. 


99 days until Wild preseason...yes, I'm really counting


6 days until Wes Walz...woo-hoo!


The following blog update by Russo in the Star Tribune has some very interesting items.  Here are the two paragraphs that made me tingle all over...

"--The Wild also plans to hire a director of player development by the end of the month. The goal is to create a seamless pipeline between the Wild’s prospects and the NHL team. The director of player development will spend roughly a week a month in Houston and one to two weeks a month working with draft picks who are playing junior hockey or in college.

Basically, he’ll be the point of contact between the prospects and the organization. Duane Sutter did this in Florida, Tom Fitzgerald in Pittsburgh when Fletcher was in both cities, so you can bet the Wild's new director of player development will be a former player. …"
 
Russo's Rants
 


Movie Review
"I Love It When A Plan Comes Together" and for me, the A Team movie does just that!  I was prepared to be unimpressed with this t.v. to big screen conversion but found myself totally engaged and laughing out loud.  The original t.v. series was all about clever banter and unrealistic rescue schemes carried out in time to win the day.  The movie has both of those qualities taken over the edge but that's what a summer action movie is supposed to do.  This is not a chick flick, aside from having lots of scenes with the bare-chested, very tasty Bradley Cooper in it.  This is an over the top blow 'em up, shoot 'em up, kick the shit out of the bad guys movie.  The only downfall for me were the less than realistic CGI effects.


Prince of Persia - I didn't ask for my money back, but I don't think anyone would have argued with me if I had.  I'm sorry Jake, you stunk in a movie that surrounded you with stink.  Not that I'm an expert on anything Persian, but I found myself wondering if any of the actors had the accent right since none of them used the same one.  As far as the plot or the storyline: It was like watching The Mummy, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future and Pirates of the Caribbean all at the same time.  No wonder I was nauseated.  I've felt better after combining tequila and wine coolers in one evening, but I digress.  
              
     

Garden Tip
Are you tired of running a Bunny Bed And Breakfast and offering up a Bunny Buffet every day in your gardens? As my neighbors can attest to, I subscribe to the Elmer Fudd approach in dealing with those wascally wabbits. This may not be your cup of tea. In addition to the pellet pistol (complete with a laser beam sight) I also use another product to help keep the furry critters away. I refer to it as Bunny-B-Gone but you’ll find it in most gardening departments under the names of rabbit repellent, small animal repellent, rodent repellent. The main ingredient in this product is fox urine. I know what you’re all saying right now – ewwwwww! Seriously, this is the stuff that keeps Thumper away from the foliage and flower buds you’ve so diligently coaxed up and out of the frost line. This product comes in both granular form to sprinkle around and in a spray bottle to drench plants with. Pick up both and rotate using them every two weeks or so. I’ll warn you: the spray smells BAD for a day. It is, after all, fox urine. If you can spray in the evening the smell will be gone by the next day. The granular form is just sprinkled around each plant you want to protect and it’s good for a couple of rainy days or a week or so of normal watering. Coyote Urine – another must-have product you’ll find on my gardening shelf in the garage.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo ... are you speculating that the Wild's New Director of Player Development will be YOUR GUY, Wes Walz (37) ??

    ReplyDelete